Come to find out, you guys are actually still reading our blog! My Godfather recently went through the entire trip in one sitting so I felt compelled to update everyone who keeps asking how we are doing. I get little sleep these days. My mind is a whirlwind most of the night as I think of how much needs to be done the following day. The latest news is: I have been working on getting speech therapy for Sarah as she still struggles with the "r" sound. To receive it at her school I have to prove that it is preventing her from learning and that she is a disabled child. Well, seeing as she is a straight A student and in the 99th percentile on her MSA's, looks like she won't be able to receive speech. So that will continue to be a battle for me as I take it up with the Navy next. We are back "in" at the barn with Miss Jennifer so Tuesdays we will smell like horses from 4:30 to 6:30 pm. The girls have to wrangle their horses when they arrive and considering how both horses are 5 times their size, I'm thinking mommy will be doing a lot of horse wrangling. The girls so want Uncle Rob to be here for a Tuesday lesson so he can take them to the barn. Piano has started again with the amazing Mister Chet. He has all 3 kids on Wednesdays and it's been nice hearing them practicing again. The twins are walking to Grandma Peg's after school on Wednesdays as well which is a really big deal for them. What else? I have been working side by side with two great landscapers as we re-design our entire yard. The yard really suffered during our absence and I am trying to do as much work on it as I can to save money. That being said, I still have boxes to unpack and the office and rec room are still mini disasters. So is the garage. It's too much to handle at times all alone as I am also being a full time mom, chef, chauffeur, business manager and housekeeper! Thanks goodness for Butch's help. We keep joking that he will be bored once Billy arrives!
The children are doing great in school and are anxious for Nana and Bob's arrival on Saturday. As soon as they arrive, I will take off for Seattle and hop my flight to Newport, Rhode Island to meet up with Billy for an intense week of Command Leadership Spouse's school. I am looking forward to time alone with my husband but not looking forward to the long flight and all the work to be done that week for this course.
So that's it in a nutshell for our update. I have to run. So many things to get done today and not enough time to do it!
love to all.
Sharon
I Hear There Are Options Packages Now
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment